Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents, foreigners with valid employment pass/work permit, aged 18 years and above and residing in Singapore may purchase Travel Assist. Travel Assist provides coverage for round trip commencing from and returning to Singapore within the period of insurance.
Singapore Resident means a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident or foreigner who is holding a valid Work Permit, Employment Pass, Dependent Pass, Long Term Social Visit Pass or Student Pass holder on the commencement of any journey.
A Single Trip Policy refers to a single journey to the selected destinations of travel during the period of insurance. Your entire journey must not exceed 30 consecutive days and commences the moment you leave your home or workplace in Singapore.
Yes, you may purchase the individual cover for your child if he/she is at least 8 days old.
Yes, you may purchase a Travel Assist. For Insured persons above 65 years old, there are specified sum insured amounts in order to enjoy certain benefits. Please refer to the policy wording for details of coverage.
Yes, Travel Assist covers leisure adventurous activities such as:
- bungee jumping;
- sky diving;
- helicopter rides for sightseeing;
- hot air ballooning;
- jet skiing;
- mountaineering at mountains below the height of 3,000 metres above sea level;
- skiing within official approved areas of a ski resort;
- white water rafting with a qualified guide and below Grade 4 (of international scale of river difficulty); and
- scuba diving up to a maximum depth of 30 metres with a qualified diving instructor holding a recognised diving certification.
Do note that these leisure adventurous activities must be conducted under the facilitation of a licensed operator.
Yes, exclusions include:
- Any loss or expenses which arises in connection with or is contributed by you undertaking any journey against travel advice (including non-essential travel) by the local authority.
- Any government prohibition, regulation or intervention.
Please refer to the policy wording for full details of exclusions.
You will receive your policy via email upon successful application online.
You may contact our Customer Service Hotline at +65 6398 8797, (Mondays to Fridays, 9.00am to 5.00pm, excluding Public Holidays) or send an email to us at Travel.SG@Chubb.com.
If you are overseas and require any emergency assistance, you can call our Chubb Assistance 24-hour Hotline at +65 6322 2132.
- If you are overseas and require any emergency assistance, you can call our Chubb Assistance 24-Hour Hotline at: +65 6322 2132.
- If you wish to file a claim on your insurance, you have to do so within one month upon your return to Singapore. Please lodge your claim with our Claims Department as soon as you return to Singapore from your overseas trip.
- You can submit your claim by using our Travel Online Claim Form.
- Complete ALL relevant sections and questions of the claim form that relate to your claim in full. Missing out details will usually result in us needing to contact you for clarification and delay the assessment of your claim.
- Ensure that you collate and attach to your claim form ALL the required supporting documents that relate to your claim. Failing to provide the required supporting documentation will usually result in us needing to contact you for clarification and delay the assessment of your claim.
- Once submitted, you should expect to receive confirmation of your claim number within 3 days for emailed claims and within 5 days for posted claims.
- Should you have any query in relation to your claim, including a status update, please contact our Claims at TravelClaims.SG@Chubb.com with your policy and claim number.
Heading off to a weekend getaway or a week-long vacation? With Travel Assist, you now have the option to choose the duration of your travel insurance based on the length of your trip. If you’re going on a short trip, you no longer have to pay for coverage that you do not need!
Maximum $750 for Traditional Chinese Medicine Expenses
– Maximum $500 per Article or set of Article
– Maximum $300 for Money
– $200 per 6 consecutive hours
– $200 per 6 consecutive hours
This policy does not cover the following:
- Declared or undeclared war or any act of war, invasion, foreign enemy, civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power.
- Loss, destruction or damage to any property whatsoever or any loss or expense whatsoever arising there from or any consequential loss directly or indirectly caused or contributed to by or arising from ionising radiations or contamination by radio-activity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
- Any wilful or intentional acts of the insured person whether sane or insane, self-inflicted injury, suicide pacts or agreements or any attempts thereat, provoked homicide or assault.
- The insured person acting as a law enforcement officer, emergency medical or fire service personnel, civil defence personnel or military personnel of any country or international authority, whether full-time service or as a volunteer, other than for reservist training under Section 14 of the Enlistment Act, Chapter 93 of Singapore.
- The insured person participating in:
- Extreme Sports and Sporting Activities;
- Any professional competitions or sports in which the insured person receives remunerations, sponsorships or any forms of financial rewards;
- Racing other than on foot (except for the ultra-marathons, biathlons and triathlons which are excluded);
- Off-piste skiing;
- Private white water rafting grade 4 and above;
- Trekking (including mounting trekking trekking) above 3000 meters;
- Scuba diving unless the insured person holds a PADI certification (or similar recognised qualification) or when diving with a qualified instructor. In these situations the maximum depth that this policy covers is as specified under the insured person PADI certification (or similar recognised qualification) but no deeper than thirty (30) meters and the insured person must not be diving alone.
- Any condition, which is or results from or is a complication of infection with Human Deficiency Syndrome (‘HIV’), any variance including Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (‘AIDS’), and AIDS Related Complications (‘ARC’), or any opportunistic infections and/or malignant neoplasm (tumour) found in the presence of HIV, AIDS or ARC.
- Any condition which is, results from or a complication of pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage (except accidental miscarriage) or abortion, intoxication by alcohol or drugs not prescribed by a Physician.
- Illegal acts (or omissions) of the insured person or the insured person’s executors, administrators, legal heirs or personal representatives, loss resulting directly or directly from action taken by the Government Authorities including confiscation, seizure, destruction and restriction.
- The insured person engaging in aviation, other than as a fare-paying passenger in, boarding and alighting from any fixed-wing aircraft and/or helicopter provided and operated by a regularly scheduled airline or private unscheduled air chartered company which is duly licensed for the regular transportation of fare-paying passengers.
- Any loss or expenses which is, directly or indirectly, caused by, a consequence of, arises in connection with or is contributed to by the insured person undertaking any journey against the advice of a Physician or for the purpose of seeking medical attention.
- Any pre-existing conditions.
- Any prohibition or breach of government regulation or any failure by the insured person to take reasonable precautions to avoid a claim under this policy following the warning of any intended strike, riot or civil commotion through or by general mass media.
- Any loss or expenses which if reimbursed or paid by the company would result in the company being in breach of trade or economic sanctions or other such similar laws or regulations.
- The insured person not taking all reasonable efforts to safeguard his property or to avoid any injury or minimise any claim under the policy.
- Any condition which is, results from or a complication of suicide or attempted suicide or intentional self-injury.
- Mental and nervous disorders, including but not limited to insanity.
- The insured person engaging in naval, military or air force service or operation or testing of any kind of conveyance or being employed as a manual worker or whilst engaging in offshore activities like diving, oil-rigging, mining or aerial photography or handling of explosive or loss of or damage to hired or leased equipment.
- Any condition which results from or is a complication of venereal disease.
- Any loss or expenses which arises in connection with or is contributed by the insured person undertaking any journey against the travel advice of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Singapore or the Ministry of Health of Singapore, in relation to actual or threatened riot, strike or civil commotion, war or warlike situation, outbreak of disease or unsafe health conditions, or impending natural disasters, to the country or territory of your destination, unless the journey had already commenced prior to the issuance of the travel advice..
*Please refer to the Policy Wording for the full terms, conditions and exclusions.
Travel Assist provides insurance coverage for travels to:
- Region 1: South East Asia
- Region 2: Asia Pacific
- Region 3: Worldwide (excluding Cuba)
Travel Assist provides coverage for both individual and group travellers.
For an individual traveller.
The Group policy is only applicable for up to 9 companions travelling on the same journey.